This research investigates changes in the fixed income market structure and the impact on buy-side operating platforms. We review regulatory drivers and the effect on liquidity and share leading practices on buy-side organisational structures, evolving business models and the use of technology to enhance fixed income dealing processes.
This research is a continuation of Investit’s focus on regulation and market changes impacting the front office.
Our research on Fixed Income Market Changes focuses on the following goals:
- Identify market events driving change in the fixed income structure
- Examine current and new methods for accessing liquidity and evaluate managers’ appetite for, and benefits/concerns with the use of new trading protocols
- Share best practices for managing fixed income investments, including organisational structure, measuring costs and use of technology
- Provide insights on future trends as they relate to fixed income market practices
This research will focus on the following areas:
- Review regulatory changes and the impact on market structure, liquidity and the role of the sell-side and buy-side dealer
- Investigate the use of electronic trading and alternative methods for accessing liquidity and identify leading venues and emerging platforms that offer new trading protocols
- Discuss the use of other tools and technologies to improve fixed income dealing processes, understand the costs of execution and achieve best execution
- Share leading practices on the organisational structure of buy-side fixed income investment and dealing teams and operational processes to support new fixed income trading models
- Provide insights on future market structures and evolving business models