We are excited to be moderating two panels at the Technology & Operational Strategy Conference in New York on the 16 May. The event will be a fantastic opportunity to engage and debate with peers facing the same challenges in today’s pressured industry. The focus of this event is on how to deliver enhanced operations, the benefits of social media, the rise of mobile technology, and moving to cloud infrastructure.
Jackie Alvarez, who recently coauthored our report titled Leveraging Technology to Enhance the Client Experience, will be moderating “Social Media – what’s necessary and with whom does liability lie?”. Taking place during the afternoon of the 16 May, the panel will be discussing:
- Is a good external social media footprint necessary?
- What is the minimal presence your clients expect from you? – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or all of the above
- Use of social media internally – real time collaboration and employee engagement vs. security issues and avoiding misuse
- How does it affect your operational structure? required support staff and timely answering of inquiries
- Where does the liability lie for employees using personal devices?
Later, Catherine Doherty, Global CEO, will be moderating “Risks, rewards, and practicalities of the rise of the mobile device”:
- Do the advantages of BYOD outweigh the risks?
- Are regulations and risk a barrier to adopting BYOD?
- How can you secure the devices? – restricting access, establishing identity, portals, VPNs
- What apps are you using and why?
- What would you have liked to know at the beginning of implementing BYOD?